Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Solstice

The cleaning and decluttering continued in full force today! I threw out two large sheets of plastic that covered my windows in the winter, and three articles of clothing that were pretty much ruined and unwearable. I recycled 77 old investment newsletters - that was a big deal, cuz I have hung on to these for years. That freed up space in my file cabinet so I'll be able to reorganize my files more easily when my mommy comes to visit! She's very organized and said she'd help.

I also recycled 13 more newspapers and put away (hid) the miscellaneous piles of paper I couldn't deal with now. I put a box in the closet and consolidated the remaining yard sale stuff into two small boxes with lids, then recycled the other three boxes. My friend came to look at the peach baskets and decided she didn't want them, but said she thought I could use them to keep stuff in. She wondered if one would fit on top of the bookcase, but it's too narrow. I showed her a smaller basket and she decided to take it. Later I took a bowl back down to her from a treat she brought me. She suggested again that I use the peach baskets to store the remaining papers. That gave me an idea - I had room on top of the kitchen cabinets! I put the boxes of yard sale stuff and the remaining piles of paper in the baskets and stuck them up there. It looks good and the clutter is hidden for now. I took a picture and showed my friend and she and her husband thought it looked great - a little decorative!

As for cleaning, I did another load of dishes, stripped my bed and flipped the mattress, and then put on clean sheets and got out a green blanket to make it nice and pretty. I hung up my backpack, which was still sitting where I left it after the opera closed, with my character shoes inside. That prompted me to put away several pairs of shoes, and hang up a couple of jackets. I did seven items of hand wash. Didn't get to the laundry cuz it was raining off and on all day and the house needed attention. I took down the remaining piece of plastic on my living room window and put it away. I swept the kitchen, and used a cat hair remover to clean up the couch cover. Also swept around the cat box. I found a home for my plastic wrap and ziploc bags, which had been sitting on the kitchen table. And I cleaned the stove.

The place looks presentable, though still a bit messy. Tomorrow morning I'll do the other load of laundry and sweep and mop. Will also change the catbox sometime tomorrow.

Results: I spoke with my friend who canceled our movie the other day. We needed to discuss some things that were bothering me. All is well now and I am glad we cleared the air. I also got ABC on the converter! I just had to rescan the channels. I thought I had done that, but nope. I talked with my two dads to say Happy Father's Day, and my mom about the trip, and my stepmom cuz it's their anniversary too! It was a good day, and I feel like I got a lot done, even though much of the clutter is just buried now. That's OK, cuz I still got rid of a lot of stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment