Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday

Well, my mom is coming to visit on Tuesday, so I'm in "I must clean" mode. The weekend is devoted to getting the place presentable. That said, I didn't get far today. Took a nap for a couple hours. I think it's something I'm eating. I got sleepy at the seminar right after lunch too, and it was the same food I ate today. Annoying.

Anyway, today's decluttering is rather a departure. Since I'm finally cleaning up the mess left by my lack of time during the opera, a lot went out the door. And I also decided to get rid of some of the stuff I was hanging on to for the yard sale, if I ever got back out there. So I recycled nine newspapers and numerous other pieces of random paper, envelopes, inserts, etc. Did most of my filing - two MONTHS worth! Uhhhh! I don't know how I've stood the mess. Got laundry done and bought my converter box! for digital TV. With the coupon it only cost $10! I can't get ABC for some reason, but I kinda hate their shows anyway, so I'll watch my soap online and forget the rest. Also still can't get the other PBS channel in our area. Weird.

ANYWAY. The yard sale stuff. I took the cute little end table down to the lobby, and I'm getting rid of the peach baskets my neighbor gave me to sell. My other neighbor might want them, and if not they are going to the lobby. The table was gone in a couple hours, BTW.

Got some dishes done too. Still more to do, along with another load of laundry. And I took out the huge masses of recycling I'd accumulated. Tomorrow I actually have to CLEAN, which is another thing altogether.

Results: I am breathing a sigh of relief at the sudden sense of space in here. Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment